Blissfield School District is situated in Lenawee County, in the southeast corner of Michigan. The District includes the Village of Blissfield, and all, or parts of, the Townships of Blissfield, Riga, Palmyra, Ogden, and Deerfield. Grades K-12 are housed in three buildings and serve the District's approximately 1240 students.
Blissfield Community Schools provides a learning environment that challenges all students to become lifelong learners and productive citizens.
All of our school buildings are presently accredited. Blissfield was one of the first twelve school districts out of 550 K-12 districts in Michigan that are North Central accredited. North Central Accreditation is voluntary, entails an extensive self-study, visitation and verification from educators throughout the State of Michigan, and maintains the highest accreditation standards that schools can achieve.
Blissfield Community Schools provides innovative programs and experiences that prepare lifelong learners to succeed in a global community.
As we strive for excellence at Blissfield Community Schools, the planning and decision making processes will be guided by the following belief statements.
- Education is a partnership of family, school, and the entire community.
- Honesty, respect, and responsibility are essential in life and learning.
- A safe and orderly environment promotes learning.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Students need the ability to adapt in the ever-changing world.
- Excellence is a standard not to be compromised.
- Quality instruction is the heart of education.
- All students can learn.