Common 5th Grade Blissfield Developed Activities
1. TLW explain how the Earth’s position and motion cause the seasons and define a year.
2. TLW design a model that describes the position and relationship of the Sun, the planets, and other objects of the solar system and
explain how gravity affects them.
1. TLW identify selected body systems and explain how they work together to perform specific activities.
2. TLW classify organisms based on anatomical features.
3. TLW distinguish between inherited and acquired traits and explain the influence of the environment and genetics on the individual.
4. TLW explain how physical characteristics, behavioral characteristics, and environmental events affect survival of organisms.
1. TLW describe what happens when two forces (balanced or unbalanced) act upon an object.
2. TLW describe the motion of an object in terms of distance, time, and direction and illustrate how motion can be represented on a
1. TLW demonstrate an understanding that scientific inquiry and reasoning involves observing, questioning, investigating, recording,
and developing solutions to problems by comparing and contrasting the impact of contact and non-contact forces on the motion of an