I am a new employee in Blissfield Community Schools but in the over 45 years I have lived in Lenawee County I have formed many friendships with individuals in the Blissfield community. As a longtime county educator I am well aware of the fine reputation of this school district. However, it was not until recently when I was employed as the interim superintendent and provided with a chance to see the district first-hand that I was able to confirm my long time beliefs about the district and community.
The following is an initial list of my observations:
· Blissfield is a marvelous community with many caring individuals
· The school system is in sound financial shape
· The curriculum being provided to the students is top notch
· Employees (teachers, custodians, secretaries, bus drivers, food service, paraprofessionals, administrators, and others) TRULY care about the students and the school system
· Community members are willing to give of themselves (time and/or money) to support the students
· Students treat adults and peers in a respectful manner
· The District is noted and respect for the top notch music, band and extra-curricular programs
· Technology plays a prominent role in the teaching and learning process – thus preparing students for the world to which they will soon be exposed
I encourage parents and community members to be involved in the many positive things taking place on a daily basis by visiting our school buildings and our website.
Finally, I am eager to meet as many individuals as possible so when you see me please feel free to introduce yourself.
David P. Pray