Blissfield Elementary School Counseling Office
What Is School Counseling?
What is the Goal of the Blissfield Elementary School
School counseling consists of working with students to help them develop
ACADEMICALLY, PERSONALLY, and SOCIALLY
All students are served. Each classroom is visited several times throughout the school year.
Topics for classroom group guidance are chosen to meet developmental needs of each grade level.
Individual counseling and small groups are provided for children with specific concerns.
HOW DO STUDENTS SEE THE COUNSELOR?
- Teacher, administrator or other staff referral
- Parent referral via phone contact or conferences
WHAT DOES THE ELEMENTARY COUNSELOR/BEHAVIORAL SPECIALIST DO?
- Helps students build self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Helps students to relate to others.
- Consults with teachers, parents and other specialists.
- Helps students to recognize and make the best use of their abilities.
- Promotes positive attitudes among students.
- Gives students an opportunity to talk about their education and personal-social concerns.
- Helps students better adjust to their school and home environments.
- Helps students consider alternatives in their own decision-making process.
- Coordinates efforts with other school specialists.
- Coordinates referral to community resources and agencies.
Christine Brown, MA, LLPC
Phone: 517-486-2811 Ext. 109